All-National Honor Ensembles
Order your 2013 All-National Honor Ensemble T-shirt! 2013 Student T order form
Order your concert CDs and DVDs from Soundwaves. https://www.soundwaves.org/shoppingcart/search.php?search_query=nafme&x=0&y=0
or use this form: NAfME 2013 National Honors CD DVD Orfer Form
Congratulations to the 2013 All-National Honor Ensemble students! Information for the 2014 program will be posted soon.
Eligibility for 2014:
Only students who meet the requirements below are eligible to apply for the 2014 NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles. Please be sure to read the requirements carefully, as they have changed from previous years. Application instructions will be provided soon.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Be in grade 10, 11 or 12 during the 2014-2015 school year
- Attend schools in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Department of Defense School in Europe or International
- Students must be accepted to their states 2013-2014 All-State Festival. If no All-State festival is held during the 2013-2014 academic year the following festivals are acceptable: 2012-2013 All-State or Division festival. If your state MEA does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to recieve an invitation to apply. Disclaimer: All final eligibility decisions will be made by the state music educators association.)
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made
- Receive endorsement from his or her ensemble director at the school at which the student attends (*ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME.)
Students must prepare 2 minutes of the piece they used for their all-state audition, OR 2 minutes of any piece of music on their state’s approved all-state audition repertoire list. If your state does not publish an approved repertoire list, please choose a selection from standard solo repertoire that would be appropriate for high school festival or a college audition with guidance from your ensemble director.
Dates: October 26 – October 29, 2014
Students will arrive on Sunday and leave on Wednesday afternoon after their performance
Venue: Gaylord Opryland Resort (tentative) Nashville, TN
Chaperones: NAfME strongly encourages teachers of selected students to accompany students to Nashville as a chaperone. If more than one student is selected from a school, one teacher may accompany all students as a chaperone. More information will be available after students are selected.
Questions? Contact JaneB@nafme.org