Shopping Malls Promote MIOSM with Prizes for School Groups
Posted on Thursday, February 7, 2013
General Growth Properties, a company that owns and manages shopping malls throughout the United States, will support school music programs by hosting school music performances at six of their properties during March 2013. The National Association for Music Education (NAfME) has designated March as Music In Our Schools Month® (MIOSM®) and encourages music teachers to advocate for their programs during the month.
At the end of March, each shopping mall will select one school ensemble to receive a $500 grant.
The shopping malls are:
- Four Seasons Town Centre, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Fox River Mall, Appleton, Wisconsin
- Glenbrook Square, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Lakeside Mall, Sterling Heights, Michigan
- Lynnhaven Mall, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Mall St. Matthews, Louisville, Kentucky
For more information about this opportunity for your school, please contact Shannon Kelly.
Roz Fehr, NAfME managing editor for news, February 7, 2013. © National Association for Music Education (NAfME.org)